Patient Service Navigator
At Onslow Memorial, we understand that being admitted to the hospital can be an overwhelming experience. For this reason, Onslow Memorial implemented a Patient Service Navigator program. This program is designed to provide personalized guidance and support for our patients and their families. We want you to focus on your care and recovery, not the process.
The goal of the Patient Service Navigator, PSN for short, is to provide you and your loved ones with individualized assistance during your stay. Our PSN is here to help you navigate the complexities of the healthcare system and access resources that enhance the quality and continuity of your care.
Amber is Onslow Memorial's Patient Service Navigator. She's a valuable resource for our patients and their families. Below are examples of ways hse might be able to help you:
- Provide information about the unit or departments involved in your care
- Go over daily schedules/routines
- Enhance communication with your healthcare team
- Emotional support and personalized guidance
- Provide prompt action and response to your concerns, issues, or questions
- Identify barriers to care and solutions to overcome them
- Identify the "right" person in the hospital to assist you with specific needs
- Connect you with appropriate resources to enhance communication, responsiveness, and the plan of care
For more information, or to reach out to the Patient Service Navigator, please call (910) 577-2345 or (910) 577-2534.
For questions and information please contact Amber Philyaw at (910) 577-2534.
- Ear, Nose and Throat & Audiology
- Emergency Medicine
- Internal Medicine
- Laboratory Services
- Lung Screening
- Pain Management
- Pediatrics and Neonatology
- Plastic Surgery
- Primary Care
- Radiation Oncology
- Stroke Care
- Surgical Services
- Women's Services
- Wound Care